Pekin Ducks at DeCoursey Park

About a week and a half ago we visited DeCoursey Park in Puyallup, WA.  It's a small, pleasant park with the sweetest ducks. It was wet at the time, and part of the pathway was covered, but we enjoyed our time there much in part to these two adorable ducks.  I think they are Pekin ducks, also known as Long Island ducks, a type of domesticated duck.  


The park has a small lake, and we went out on a dock and saw the ducks swimming in the water.


the Pekin ducks swimming



the dock
Then as we left the dock to walk on the pathway, they followed us around the lake, quickly waddling and quaking all the while!

Here they are following us!










They were such wonderful characters!  Apparently Donald Duck is a Pekin duck, and I can see the resemblance. ;) Here's a short video of them following us.  I'm sorry it's blurry, but it'll give you an idea of how friendly these sweet ducks are and how much we enjoyed them.  :)



And today is the Fourth of July, so Happy Fourth of July, everyone!!  :-)

Comments

  1. I LOVE this park! It's part of my route when I go running. And the ducks are the sweetest aren't they? I've had so much fun watching them! I've not seen these two ducks there before, they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts