A Fast Slug

We usually see slugs just kicking back and relaxing (in slug-fashion ;)), but the other day we saw a slug that went pretty fast. A couple of my children held him for a short while and then set him down. After safely being set on the ground, he slid away and hid in the grass in about a minute and a half! I'm afraid we must have scared the poor little guy.

On my daughter's hand:



He's starting to poke his antennas out:



He poked them out more:



Picture of underside of slug:



My son wanted to hold the slug, too:



I figured it might be scared and tired of being held, so I had him set it down. It quickly put it's antennas out. Picture taken at 5:54:58 pm:



And it started crawling away to hide in the grass. Picture taken at 5:55:12 pm:



Picture taken at 5:55:59 pm:



Picture taken at 5:56:17 pm:



Picture taken at 5:56:30 pm:

Comments

Popular Posts