Sea Glass and the New Bridge at Chambers Creek Properties

When visiting a place like the Puget Sound or the ocean or other body of water, one fun thing to do is to look for sea glass.  When you find a piece of sea glass it's like finding a little treasure.  They start out as "junk". . . broken bottles, glasses, etc., and then the waves and the sand smooth them and make them beautiful.  When searching for sea glass, we like to look up around the high tide line when the tide is low, because things are often left behind there, and also at the foot of huge rocks and driftwood.  Sea glass is fun to collect, and you can also make jewelry and crafts from them.

On Sunday we visited the new bridge at Chambers Creek Properties (CCP) in University Place.  It opened on the 16th of September, and it's awesome!  The bridge crosses the railroad tracks and goes down to the beach.  We didn't have much time to spend there yesterday, but of course one of the first things we did was look for sea glass on the beach. I was excited to find a big piece of light turquoise blue sea glass! I don't think I had ever found such a big piece before.

piece of pale turquoise blue (I think that's the color it is!)
sea glass found on the beach at CCP

We hope to go back soon when we have more time and when the tide is lower and spend a good, long time there looking for sea glass to collect, and also to see what sea creatures we can find and to enjoy the fresh air and beautiful scenery.

The bridge! You can see a bit of blue sky peaking through.
(My younger daughter took this picture.)
The beach and part of the bridge
(with more blue sky!)

If you want to check to see when low tides are, a great website is Saltwater Tides.

~*~ To see more things that are blue, visit Blue Monday ~*~

Comments

  1. What neat blue treasures you discovered!

    Happy 1st Blue Monday, Jayleigh! Check out my book giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a nice place to visit, I'm sure there are lots of birds when the tide is low. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those were lovely photo's and the only sea glass I have seen in the meme's this Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your sea glass. The only ones I have I bought. I have never been lucky enough to find any. Happy Blue Monday, Annette

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts