Rabbit-Foot Clover (Trifolium arvense)

This past weekend, in a grassy space near the parking lot at Chambers Creek Properties' Central Meadow in University Place, WA, my children spotted a flower that we hadn't seen before. The flower was a delicate pink color. When we touched it, we were surprised to feel how soft it was! 

When I looked it up at home, I found that it's a type, or species, of clover that is native to Europe.  It's name is "rabbit-foot clover," due to the plant's soft, fuzzy flowers.  Aren't they pretty? 

(above picture taken by my 10-year-old daughter)


Comments

  1. Your 10 year old is a little photographer in the making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics, my kids love taking photos too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!! She just got a new camera for her birthday in May, and she *loves* it. I'm so glad we got it for her. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts