Reflections of Ducks

(Sorry for the typo I had in my title. LOL Thank you, Windchime, for letting me know! :-))

I have more pictures my children took of ducks swimming in Waughop Lake to share with you! These were taken on June 30th. I thought the reflections were pretty, so I'm linking this post to Weekend Reflections.

The male wood duck isn't so colorful now as it was earlier this year!  In the summer they molt and loose their pretty-colored feathers, and when that happens male wood ducks have coloring that is a lot like a female wood duck, but the male still has a red eye and bright red spot at the base of his bill.  They regrow their pretty-colored feathers by early fall.

male wood duck 
(a mallard duck is behind him)
(above picture taken by my 12-year old son)


male wood duck
(above picture taken by my 10-year old daughter)

This little duck (a mallard?) seen below seemed to be looking for his mother and was quacking and quacking!
(above picture taken by my 10-year old daughter)
After awhile, the little duck stopped quacking, so we think it found its mother.

(above picture taken by my 12-year old son)
If you like pictures of ducks, here are links to two other posts with pictures of ducks you may enjoy:

Comments

  1. Beautifully captured - the little male wood duck has such a pretty face - Well done to your children! the captures are delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ducks! That baby one is precious! Your children took some great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! I especially love the mallard... don’t they mate for life? You’ve reminded me that I recently took a photo of a lost mallard baby... Have to post that one soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great! I love watching ducks and so do my cats. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts