August 14th at Burfoot Beach

No, not Bigfoot Beach or Barefoot Beach, BURfoot Beach. The first time my children heard we were going to a place called "Burfoot," they didn't quite catch the name, and my daughters thought we were going to "Barefoot Beach" and one of my sons thought I had said "Bigfoot Beach." Aren't those fun names? They make me smile! The real name isn't as fun, and I've tried to find out where the name "Burfoot" comes from, but I haven't been able to find out yet. I'll update this if I find out.

We've been to the beach at Burfoot Park near Olympia, WA, twice now and enjoyed both times very much. The last time we went was on August 14th, on a day when the temps reached the 90s. The warm sun and the cool breeze and the cold water on our feet felt wonderful.

Today we are at home, and it's about 55 degrees with showers outside. Embracing the changes that come with the transition to the new season will happen, and it will be good. At the moment, though, it's lovely thinking about that how nice it was at Burfoot Beach that day in August.








~* To see more blogs with watery photos,
visit Watery Wednesday *~

Comments

  1. It does look like a wonderful place! I wonder why there were so few people there, in the middle of summer vacation...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great place and your shots are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some beautiful shots, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the beach... miss the beach... great photos.


    ~ Jo's Precious Thoughts ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. kids and water, what more can one ask for?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts